Configuring locales in UNIX/Linux
About this task
The Sterling Order Management System Software software runs on any locale that Java™ supports. If you want to run Sterling Order Management System Software on a nondefault locale, configure your environment to the specific locale that you want to use.
To determine and set the locale in a UNIX or Linux® environment:
- Enter locale -a. A list of locales is displayed.
- Set your locate by entering:
- export LANG=<locale>
- export LC_ALL=<locale>
For example, you can set Japanase language as follows:
Note: Some UNIX shells require the
- export LANG=ja_JP
- export LC_ALL=ja_JP
setenvcommand instead of the
To determine and set your locale in a Windows environment:
- Select Control Panel > Regional Options > General tab.
- From the Your locale (location) list, select the language and location.
- Click Set Default and select the locale from the Set the appropriate locale list.