Before installing the Sterling Order Management System Software Operator, review and complete the following prerequisites.
Before you begin
- If you are connecting to Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform cluster, ensure you install the OpenShift CLI
oc) as explained in Installing the OpenShift CLI by downloading the binary.
- If you are connecting to non-OpenShift Kubernetes cluster, ensure you install Kubernetes command
line tool (
kubectl) as explained in kubectl.
occommands are interchangeable with
kubectl. Hence, if you are connected to non-OpenShift Kubernetes cluster, ensure to replace the
- This section is applicable only if you are installing Sterling Order Management System Software Operator on a non-OpenShift Kubernetes cluster.
- Ensure that you have administrator authority or have been granted the appropriate role-based access control (RBAC) to administer the cluster before installing the Operator Lifecycle Manager (OLM). For more information, see role-based access control good practices.
- In the following steps, to install Operator SDK and OLM on a Kubernetes platform, you will be navigated to the respective websites outside of IBM, because Operator SDK and OLM are not bundled unlike Red Hat OpenShift.
- Install the Operator SDK.
- Ensure that you are logged in to your Kubernetes environment.
- Run the following command to install OLM in your cluster:
operator-sdk olm install
- You will see the output as shown in the Installing OLM in your cluster page.
- For prerequisites that are required to deploy IBM® Sterling Order Management System Software, see Prerequisites to deploying certified containers using Sterling Order Management System Software Operator.