Configuring Db2 on UNIX or Linux®
Before you begin
- Sterling Order Management Software supports Db2.
From the Passport Advantage Sterling Order Management Software V10 image assemblies download the following:
- Db2 Activation Key (Part Number CNB25ML)
- Db2 Language Files (Part Numbers CNB1IML, CNB09ML, CNB08ML, CNB07ML)
- Follow the instructions provided here to download and install the Db2 iFix001 from the IBM Fix Central. This is a complete Db2 product image that can be installed as the first time.
- After installing Db2 iFix001 from the IBM Fix Central, apply the license certificate (Activation Key) using db2licm command. Learn more...
- Create the database. Refer to the Db2® documentation for information about creating the database, including creating a schema repository, login, and tablespace. Be sure to install the correct version and fix pack. Be sure to install the client components and compilers before you install the fix pack.
- Size the database by estimating the required disk space.
- Set the database connection properties. Note: The installation script creates tables and indexes. Certain tables require a page size of 32K. You should have a tablespace to accommodate such tables. Db2 automatically places tables and indexes in the available tablespaces using its internal logic. You can move the tables to a different tablespace after the installation is complete.
- Install Client Components, Compilers, and Fix Pack.
- Set Parameters for Db2.
- Grant Permissions for Db2.
- Install JDBC Drivers for Db2.