Installing optional components using a graphical user interface
This topic provides step-by-step instructions that you can follow to complete a GUI-based installation on Windows, UNIX, or Linux.
Ensure that you have installed the following products before you proceed with installing Sterling Order Management System Software optional component.
Before you begin
- IBM Installation Manager
- Sterling Order Management System Software
Use the following steps to install Sterling Order Management System Software optional components.
About this task
- Start the IBM Installation Manager.
- If you have not already added Sterling Order Management System Software optional
components to the IBM Installation Manager, perform the following steps. Otherwise, skip to Step
- In IBM Installation Manager, click File > Preferences... > Repositories. The Preferences page opens and displays the available repositories, repository locations, and the connection status for the repositories.
- Click Add Repository.
- Enter the repository location or click Browse and select the
repository.config file for the optional component you want to
install. You can install the following Sterling Order Management System Software optional components:
- IBM® Supply Collaboration
- IBM Delivery Service and Scheduling
- IBM Advanced
- IBM Enterprise
- Click OK. The new repository location is added to the list. If the repository is not connected, a red box is displayed in the Connection column.
- Click OK to close the Preferences page.
- Click Install.
- Select the appropriate optional component that you want to install. Click Next.
- In the Features page, you can select the check boxes of multiple optional components that you may want to install. The IBM Installation Manager will proceed to install these optional components for you. Click Next.
- In the Summary page, the Packages are displayed. Click Install. A progress indicator displays the percentage of installation completed.
- (Optional) Click View log file to open the installation log file for the current session in a new window.
- Close the Installation Log window and click Finish to complete the installation.