Defining additional logistic rules
You can define additional logistic rules.
About this task
You can define additional rules that pertain to an order document type.
To define additional logistic rules:
- From the tree in the application rules side panel, choose Cross Application > Logistics > Logistics Attributes.
The Logistics window displays in the work area.
- Choose the Other Rules tab.
- Enter information in the applicable fields. Refer to Table 1 for field value descriptions.
- Choose the Save icon.
Table 1. Other rules tab Field Description Advance Transit Time Calculation Use Advanced Transit Time Calculation Select this field if advance transit time calculation is required when considering ship dates and delivery dates.
Transit time is calculated as Lead Time + Distance Per Day (either from the Distance Per Day for a selected Carrier service).
Based on SCAC and Carrier Service Select Based on Carrier if you want transit time calculations to be based on the carrier and carrier service being used for an order. Based on Carrier Service Select Based on Carrier Service if you want transit time calculations to be based on the specific carrier service being used for an order. Fixed Transit Days Enter the default Fixed Transit Days (delivery lead time).
Fixed Transit Days is used to determine when an order line must be shipped based on the requested delivery date. The fixed transit days indicates the amount of time it takes to transport a load from a ship node to a customer. When calculating the delivery date:
- If neither the ship date or delivery date are provided, the ship date is defaulted to the current days date and the delivery date is defaulted to that date + fixed transit days.
- If the ship date is provided but the delivery date is not, the delivery date is defaulted to ship date + fixed transit days.
- If the delivery date is provided but the ship date is not, the ship date is defaulted to delivery date - fixed transit days.
- If both the ship date and delivery date are provided, this rule is not applied.
Round Up Transit Time To Nearest Day If selected, transit time calculations are not specific down to the actual hour. Instead, the system performs the calculations and rounds up to the next available day. Distance Per Day Enter the default distance for calculating transit time if a Carrier service is not selected or the service selected does not have a distance per day associated with it. UOM Select the distance unit of measure. Default Carrier Service for Transfer Select the carrier service you want to use to compute the transfer time between two nodes if they do not have a transfer schedule configured for them.