Enhancements to the Task Focused UI
The OpenPages® Task Focused UI includes numerous new capabilities and features.
The Task Focused UI provides the ability to switch to past reporting periods, if they exist, by using the Change Reporting Period option on the User menu.
Advanced filters in Grid Views
The Grid Views provide users with the ability to define and update advance filters, similar to what is available in the Standard UI. Filters that are defined in the Task Focused UI are also available in the Standard UI.
The following example shows the new private filters panel in Grid Views. A filter on a specific value is also applied in the Search box.
Folder filter (Business Entity) in Grid Views
Grid Views include the ability to filter the list by drilling through a Business Entity hierarchy. The hierarchy shows all objects or activities that are in a folder. Users can quickly search for activities or objects in a specific folder or subfolder.
The following example shows the new folder filter panel in Grid Views.
Enhancements to Task Views
The Task Views are updated to streamline the process for users, even in complex processes and tasks.
- User guidance dynamically builds the list of key fields based on:
- The task's requirements. As fields become required, they are automatically added to the key fields section.
- The workflow validation rules. As the workflow validation rules define what is required to move to the next steps, the key field can automatically include the relevant fields in the key field area.
- Users can mark an activity or object as a favorite. It then appears in the Favorites panel on the Homepage.
- Users can control how they interact with a Task View by using the new Edit Mode toggle. Some Task Views might have only a few fields that are editable, which makes it difficult to find them quickly. Turning on Edit Mode automatically makes all editable fields clearly visible to the user.
- Users can add new types of charts to their Homepage panels:
- Zone-based heatmap
- Count-based heatmap
- Single stack bar
- The new Siblings relationship type for relationship fields provides a list of activities or objects that have the same parent type. For example, use it to show all the other Controls that are mapped to the same Risk.
- The business entity selector picker is supported in the Task Focused UI.
- Inline guidance supports the same formatting that is available in user guidance.
The following example shows a Task View with the new user guidance panel and the Edit Mode toggle.
The following example shows heat maps.
Enhancements to GRC Workflow
The embedded GRC Workflow feature that was introduced in 126.96.36.199 is enhanced to cover more use cases:
- Assignments can leverage multiple sources. The assignee can be picked from one or more fields.
- Task View overrides provide the ability to:
- Add relationship fields as key fields (in user guidance)
- Hide or show entire sections
- Operation and validations are combined in one section and can be ordered by simply dragging and dropping.
- Operations provide the ability to:
- Create objects and set fields on the objects
- Lock or unlock objects
- Set fields on related objects (directly or indirectly related)
- Start another workflow
- On related activity or objects (directly or indirectly related).
- On the same activity or object, so workflows can be sequential.
- By workflow stage, access control can be defined as read-only for non-participants.
- An action can be defined to request or require that a user enter a comment.
- New workflow variables are available for expressions or as email variables:
- Workflow Start User references the user who started a workflow.
- Last Action User references the user who performed the previous action.
- For workflows that are defined to auto-start, a workflow is now launched when an object is created by copying another object. Previously, copy was not supported for auto-start workflows.