Configuring Performance Expert Agent for Db2 Connect Monitoring on zLinux
Performance Expert Agent for Db2 Connect Monitoring stores collected data in the Performance Warehouse database DB2PM on the host (referred to as performance database) the OMEGAMON Collector resides on. OMEGAMON Collector correlates this data with the monitored DB2 activity. You must register the OMEGAMON Collector and prepare DB2 Connect monitoring before starting it.
- When DB2 Connect monitoring is active for more than one server, only one of these servers should access the collected data on the corresponding DB2 subsystem at a time.
- When more than one Performance Expert Agent for Db2 Connect Monitoring is installed on one LPAR, the hub Tivoli® Enterprise Monitoring Server can only accept monitoring data from one Performance Expert Agent for Db2 Connect Monitoring per LPAR at a time.
- More than one OMEGAMON for Db2 Performance Expert
- DB2 Performance Expert for z/OS® and OMEGAMON for Db2 Performance Expert, or both, or several of both
- OMEGAMON for Db2 Performance Expert in a data sharing group running on different logically partitioned modes (LPARs) in a sysplex environment