Installing Performance Expert Agent program files
Complete these steps to install Performance Expert Agent or to migrate from a previous version of Performance Expert Agent.
Before you begin
- The name of the directory you install the program files from and the name of the directory you install to might not contain non-Latin-based characters.
- You need administration privileges and Db2 instance owner privileges.
- You must install Performance Expert Agent on the same system Database Connection Services (DCS) connections are performed.
- If you want to perform a silent installation for additional Performance Expert Agents, you must create a response file to record your installation steps. For detailed instructions on silent installation, see Installing Performance Expert Agent silently using a response file.
- Extract the files from the compressed file(s). Ensure that all downloaded files are extracted.
- Ensure that all of the installation files are in the same directory. The installation package consists of these items:
- An installation launcher db2pe.agent.*.install-on-win64.exe
- The iehs321win.jar file that contains the help system files
The installation wizard starts, and the IBM Db2 Performance Expert Agent V5 Setup window opens.
- Click Next.
- Accept the IBM Db2 Performance Expert Agent V5 Setup License Agreement, and click Next.
- Specify the installation directory for the program files. You can install to the default location, select a custom location, or overwrite files in a directory for a previous version.
- Click Install.
The program files are copied to the directory you specified and the next IBM Db2 Performance Expert Agent V5 Setup window opens, summarizing the installation and location of the log file.
- Click Finish to exit the installation wizard.