Defining and running processes
Processes consist of one or more steps that perform tasks, such as loading existing DB2® performance data into the Performance Warehouse database or generating reports.
This section describes processes and reports in more detail, uses scenarios to show how to define and run processes, and gives hints and tips on certain tasks.
- The CONVERT step reads an existing save data set and produces a save-file data set that can be used as input for a LOAD step.
- The LOAD step loads an existing file or save-file data set into the Performance Warehouse database.
- The REPORT
step generates Statistics and Accounting reports from existing DB2 performance data. You can use
various commands and subcommands to produce different report types.
This step can include:
- Creation, conversion, and loading of save data sets into the Performance Warehouse database.
- Creation and loading of file data sets into the Performance Warehouse database.
- The CRD (collect report data) step collects report data and stores it in MVS data sets.