Creating data for the Performance Database and the Performance Warehouse
To create performance data, you must run the appropriate OMEGAMON for Db2 Performance Expert command with the FILE or SAVE subcommand.
- Without the CONVERT option, you must first convert the VSAM data to the Save-File format.
- With the CONVERT option, the reduced data is converted and saved into a sequential data set.
If you have installed the DB2 Performance Warehouse Client together with the corresponding host data collector, the following tasks can be simplified and largely automated for Accounting and Statistics data through the use of client-initiated processes:
- Creating performance data
- Loading the data into the Performance Database (Warehouse)
- Maintaining the database
- Performance Warehouse, see Monitoring Performance from Performance Expert Client
- FILE or SAVE option, see Functions and utilities of the Statistics report set and Report Command Reference
- Save-File Utility, see Functions and utilities of the Statistics report set and Report Reference
- Spreadsheet Input-Data Generator utility, see Generating input data for spreadsheets