The key to effective performance monitoring is in identifying unusual situations and thereby limiting the amount of data that needs to be examined. In addition to exception processing, OMEGAMON® for DB2® PE offers several other ways of filtering the data and highlighting potential problems.
- Filtering data by date and time (FROM and TO subcommand options)
- Filtering data by identifiers such as user ID (INCLUDE and EXCLUDE subcommand options)
- Filtering data by resource usage (TOP subcommand option)
- Ordering data on reports by interval (INTERVAL subcommand option)
- Summarizing and sorting data on SQL reports
- Tailoring report layouts for your own needs. The User-Tailored Reporting feature (UTR) and its use is described in detail in the Reporting User's Guide.
- Qualify and sort functions
- History data collection with qualifications