Current® Parallel Task Summary
This panel provides information about the activity of parallel tasks that are executing on behalf of a thread.
Parallel tasks are created when CPU parallelism is selected as the method for processing an SQL query. Internally, parallel tasks are displayed as Db2 system threads.
________________ ZTASK VTM O2 V550./I SE11 07/10/13 14:55:24 2 > Help PF1 Back PF3 Up PF7 Down PF8 Zoom PF11 > THREAD INFORMATION: Enter a selection letter on the top line. > A-THREAD DETAIL B-LOCK COUNTS C-LOCK WAITS D-LOCKS OWNED E-GLOBAL LOCKS > F-CURRENT SQL G-SQL COUNTS H-DISTRIBUTED I-BUFFER POOL J-GROUP BP > K-PACKAGES L-RES LIMIT *-PARALLEL TASKS N-UTILITY O-OBJECTS > P-CANCEL THREAD Q-DB2 CONSOLE R-DSN ACTIVITY S-APPL TRACE T-ENCLAVE > U-LONG NAMES W-ACCEL ACTIVITY =============================================================================== > CURRENT PARALLEL TASK SUMMARY PLAN + Thread: Plan=DSNTEP11 Connid=BATCH Corrid=HONGPTS1 Authid=HONG + Attach: BATCH JOB Name=HONGPTS1 JOB Asid= 65 + Package: DSN@EP2L Collection=DSNTEP2 + Luwid=DEIBMIPS.IPSASE11.CBA3811B8D38=31 task + + Read Wait + Elapsed CPU Time Status GetPage I/O Pfetch Waits Time + ---------- -------- ------------ -------- ------ ------ ------ -------- + 00:00:24.9 2.743 IN-SQL-CALL 224016 6 60 7 .008 ===============================================================================
- A particular parallel task, move the cursor to the task information line and press F11 (Zoom). For more information, see the description of panel Thread Detail.
- Exceptions that have tripped, type E.A on the top line of the panel.
- Related topics, select one of the options at the top of the panel.
- Other topics, use the PF keys.
- The Db2 plan name of the active thread.
- The Db2 connection identifier of the active thread.
- The Db2 correlation identifier of the active thread. If the correlation is not set, N/A is displayed.
- The Db2 authorization identifier of the active thread.
- Depending on the type of connection, the appropriate information is displayed.
- Attach information is displayed only if the thread is a distributed allied thread (not for distributed database access threads).
- Connection Type
- The MVS™ jobname and ASID.Note: For threads from remote Db2, the MVS job name is N/A.
- The CICS jobname, task name, task number, terminal ID,
and thread type. The thread type is:
- The thread in use is a pool thread.
- The thread in use is a nonprotected entry thread.
- The thread in use is a protected thread. Protected threads are defined in an RCT entry definition using the THRDS operand.
- The IMS region number, transaction name, region name, and terminal ID (LTERM).
- The MVS job name and ASID.Note: For threads from remote Db2, the MVS job name is N/A.
- The originating Db2 job name and the resource manager that is the source of the thread. An additional line below the Attach line identifies the user thread, if any, being served by the system thread.
- The TSO user ID and region ASID.
- No additional information.
- The Db2 subsystem identifier.
- The MVS system identifier.
- The original (primary) Db2 authorization identifier of the thread. This field displays only when the original identifier is different from the Authid.
- The time elapsed since the parallel task was created. When the task's elapsed time exceeds 24 hours, the format is dd-hh:mm.
- CPU Time
- The total central processor CPU time accumulated for the thread. This value includes only MVS TCB time. SRB time is not included.
- The current Db2 status of the parallel task.
- The number of Getpage requests for the parallel
Getpage requests are logical Read requests that might not actually result in physical I/O if the requested page is currently in the buffer pool. Db2 resets this count at Create Thread and Signon.
- Read I/O
- The number of synchronous Read I/O requests.
- The number of Sequential, List, and Dynamic Prefetch requests.
- The total number of times that the parallel task
had to wait for a class 3 event to complete. If Accounting trace class
3 is not active,
- Wait Time
- The total elapsed time that the parallel task had to wait for a class 3 event to complete.