Viewing CICS threads
Use the CICS Threads panel (KDPCICTH) and related tabs to view Db2 thread activity that originate from connected CICS regions including s key performance data such as CPU rate, in-Db2 time, wait time, Db2 status, getpage, commits and updates.
- Select the Db2 tab on the OMEGAMON Products panel to show the All Active Db2 Subsystems workspace.
- Type / in the line command field next to the Db2 subsystem of interest and press Enter.
- In the option menu, select option 2 (C CICS Threads) and press
Enter. The Db2 CICS Threads panel (KDPCICTH) shows the following tabs:
- CICS Threads (KDPCICTH)
- View information about CICS® Threads.
- CICS Connections (KDPCICS3)
- View an overview of Db2 thread activity that is originating from connected CICS subsystems.
- Db2 Active Threads (KDPTHD52)
- View thread activity for a specific Db2 subsystem and provides key performance data such as CPU rate, in-Db2 time, wait time, Db2 status, getpage, commits and updates. For more information, see Viewing active threads.
- To perform actions for Db2 active threads, on the CICS Threads
tab, type a / in the line command field next to the plan of interest and press
Enter. These options are available:
- C Cancel Thread (KDPTCANC)
- Cancel a thread.
- A Thread Detail Accelerator (KDPTHRDC)
- View accelerator metrics for an active thread.
- D Thread Detail Distributed (KDPTHDD2)
- View the VTAM APPC conversations and TCP/IP conversations of a distributed (DDF) thread.
- E Thread Detail Enclave (KDPTHDE2)
- View workload manager (WLM) enclave service periods.
- L Thread Detail Locks Owned (KDPTHRDL)
- View locks and the claims that are owned by an individual thread.
- N Thread Detail Long Names (KDPTHRDN)
- View the long names (identification fields) associated with a specific thread.
- Q Thread Detail SQL Counts (KDPTSQL1)
- View SQL counts for the Data Manipulation Language (DML) for a thread.
- S Thread Detail Accounting (KDPTHDA2)
- View accounting classes 1 and 2 for a selected thread. The following
options are available:
- CICS Region Summary (KCPRGNS)
- Shows a summary of the CICS Region and provides the following options:
- ! Take Actions on Task (KDPTASAP)
- Take action on a task.
- D CICS DB2 Connection Summary (KCPD2S or KCPD2P)
- View information about CICS Db2 connections.
- B CICS Bottlenecks (KDPBOTS)
- View information about CICS bottlenecks.
- F CICS File/Data Resources (CICS File/Data menu)
- View information about CICS files and data resources.
- R CICS Resources (CICS Resources option menu)
- View information about CICS resources.
- S CICS Region Overview (KCPRGNO)
- View information about CICS regions.
- T CICS Task Summary (KDPTASS)
- View information about CICS tasks.
- Transaction Details (KCPTRND)
- View a information about CICS transactions.
- Program Details (KDPPRGD)
- View information about CICS programs.
- Details for Transaction Task (KCPTASD)
- View information about CICS transaction tasks.
- T Thread Detail SQL Text (KDPTSQLT)
- View the SQL statement a Db2 thread is currently executing.
- U Thread CICS Connection (KDPTHCIC)
- Display CICS connection information for a CICS thread.
- V Run EXPLAIN
- Run EXPLAIN for a Db2 thread.
- W Thread Detail Class 3 (KDPTHRD3)
- View accounting class 3 wait times for a selected thread.
- X Multi-thread Cancel No Confirm
- Cancel multiple threads without being prompted individually to confirm each thread cancellation.