Streamlining is the process of asking only for information in reports and traces that you really need.
OMEGAMON for Db2 Performance Expert is a comprehensive reporting tool, but for daily monitoring of DB2 you need a very limited amount of information. If you request a detailed report by using all input data that was gathered for a long time, OMEGAMON for Db2 Performance Expert processing takes up a lot of system resources. The result is pages of information that you are probably not interested in.
- Filter the input data, preferably by using the GLOBAL command.
- Disable OMEGAMON for Db2 Performance Expert internal sort if appropriate.
- Consider carefully how detailed a report you need.
- Define groups for identifiers that you want reported as a single entry.
- Use lists to simplify your command stream.
- Specify a REDUCE INTERVAL only if you want to report by intervals or produce several reports with different time spans.
- Define exception thresholds only for fields that you are interested in.
- Specify DPMOUT or keep a Save data set only if you are sure that you want to report the data again.
- Limit the number of SQL statements you want explained.