Suppressing internal sort
When you request Accounting functions only, it is often possible to avoid the OMEGAMON for Db2 Performance Expert internal sort of the input data. This reduces the size of the sort work files that must be allocated and reduces the processing time.
- Do not disable the sort. This is the default.
- Disable the sort, but terminate processing if out-of-sequence records are present. Use this option only if the input data set has been sorted, for example, when you reprocess data from the DPMOUT data set.
- Disable the sort and accept out-of-sequence records. By using
this option it is possible to create complete and accurate Accounting
reports (including records from multiple locations) from data sets
that have not been sorted, for example SMF or GTF. The following limitations
apply with this option:
- Some checking of the input data is not performed. Ensure that the concatenation of two or more data sets does not result in duplicate records, for example, if trace data was collected in two data sets during the same period.
- Only one location is reported per trace. To report more locations, specify multiple TRACE subcommands with different INCLUDE subcommand options for each location.
- Trace entries might not be printed in time sequence. If a trace contains entries that are out of sequence, a message that shows the number is displayed at the end.
- If INTERVAL(0) is in effect (the default), the interval times shown in a report heading might not be accurate. Ordering reports by interval should be avoided when the interval is zero.
⋮ GLOBAL PRESORTED(ACCEPT) ACCOUNTING ⋮
The resulting Accounting report shows Accounting data for all locations in the input data set, without performing an internal sort.