Step 2: Choosing a subsystem and specifying an analysis type
About this task
- The bpd files you selected in the previous step might contain
performance data from different subsystems. However, a meaningful
long-term analysis can only be performed with data from one subsystem.
The DB2 Subsystem group box on this page shows
from which subsystems the various selected bpd files were created.
(This information was acquired when the selected bpd files were preprocessed.)
The subsystem folder with the most bpd files is opened, and the corresponding subsystem is preselected from the Subsystem to analyze list. You can expand or collapse the tree items by clicking the plus sign (+), respectively the minus sign (-), or by double-clicking the corresponding tree item.
Use this information to decide from which subsystem you want you use the data for the long-term analysis.
- The Analysis type group box on this page
shows a list of selectable presentation types, with one type being
preselected. The analysis type determines how the information will
be presented in the graphical report.
Use this list to decide about the analysis type. For the selected type, a brief description and an illustration of the chart type is shown on this page. You can select the types in any order to examine them. Viewing the result of a long-term analysis provides a more detailed description and explanation of the output from these analysis types.
- Select the bpd files you want to use by selecting the appropriate subsystem from the Subsystem to analyze list.
- Under Analysis type, select an appropriate analysis type.
- Click Next and continue with Step 3: Specifying counters, objects, time frame, and output, or click Back to return to the previous page.