Thread History Sort and Scan Activity
This panel displays sort and scan statistics, such as the number of sorts, the sort elapsed time, and the number of pages scanned by a completed thread.
You must specify SCAN(YES) or SORT(YES) when collecting thread data.
________________ ZHTSOCS VTM O2 V550.#P SAD 11/06/13 15:27:36 2 > Help PF1 Back PF3 Up PF7 Down PF8 > THREAD HISTORY: Enter a selection letter on the top line. > A-THREAD DETAIL B-LOCK COUNTS C-LOCK WAITS D-GLOBAL LOCKS *-SORT/SCAN > F-DYNAMIC SQL G-SQL COUNTS H-DISTRIBUTED I-BUFFER POOL J-GROUP BP > K-PACKAGE SUMMARY L-RES LIMIT M-PARALLEL TASKS =============================================================================== > THREAD HISTORY SORT AND SCAN ACTIVITY HPLN + Thread: Plan=DISTSERV Connid=SERVER Corrid=db2bp.exe Authid=MIS + Attach: APPLDIR DB2=SAD MVS=PMO4 + Dist : Type=DATABASE ACCESS, Luwid=G99D84D9.GDFE.131106140419 + Time : Start=11/06/2013 15:05:57.333818 End=11/06/2013 15:05:57.777552 socs + Sort Statistics + + Number of Sorts = 4 Number of Work Files = 0 + Records Sorted = 3 Work File Inserts = 0 + Sort Elapsed Time = 00:01:30.317 Work File Reads = 0 + Sort CPU Time = 00:00:52.085 + + Scan Statistics + + Rows Deleted - RI = 0 Pages Scanned - RI = 0 + + Rows Rows Rows Rows Pages + Type Count Processed Updated Inserted Deleted Scanned + ----- ----- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- + INDEX 3801K 3835564 0 0 0 45294 + DATA 17 869 0 0 0 168 + WORK 0 0 0 0 0 0 ===============================================================================
- related topics, choose on of the options at the top of the panel.
- other topics, use the PF keys.
- The Db2 plan name of the thread.
- The Db2 connection identifier of the thread.
- The Db2 correlation identifier of the thread.
- The Db2 authorization identifier of the thread.
- Connection Type
- The connection type is displayed in the first field:
- Application directed access (data base access threads)
- Other Db2 batch threads
- Db2 call attach
- CICS attach
- DL/I batch
- IMS attach BMP
- IMS attach MPP
- IMS control region
- IMS transaction BMP
- Recoverable Resource Manager Services Attachment Facility
- System directed access (data base access threads)
- TSO foreground and background
- Utility thread
- The Db2 subsystem identifier.
- The MVS system identifier.
- The original (primary) Db2 authorization identifier of the thread. This field displays only when the original identifier is different from the Authid.
Distributed thread identifier: The following fields are displayed when the thread has a distributed relationship with a remote Db2 subsystem.
- The distributed thread type.
- Distributed Allied
- A requesting thread; one that has issued an SQL call to a remote Db2 location.
- Database Access
- A server thread; one that has received and is serving an SQL request from a remote Db2 location.
- This value consists of two parts: the logical unit
of work ID (luw-id) and a token. The token can be used in place of
the luw-id in any Db2 command
that accepts luw-id as input. Format:
The luw-id consists of the network name, the originating VTAM® LUNAME, and a unique identifier (separated by periods). Thus, the Luwid field displays data such as the following:
- The start date and time of this thread execution.
- The end date and time of this thread execution.
- Number of Sorts
- The total number of sorts performed for this thread.
- Records Sorted
- The total number of records sorted for this thread.
- Sort Elapsed Time
- The total time spent performing sort processing.
- Sort CPU Time
- The total CPU time spent performing sort processing.
- Number of Work Files
- The number of logical work files used during sort processing. This is a high-water mark.
- Work File Inserts
- The number of records inserted into a work file during sort processing.
- Work File Reads
- The number of records retrieved from a work file during sort processing.
- Rows Deleted - RI
- The number of rows that were deleted or set to null to enforce referential integrity constraints.
- Pages Scanned - RI
- The number of pages that were scanned to enforce referential integrity constraints.
- The type of scan information displayed. Possible
- Index scan
- Data row scan
- Work file scan
- The number of times this thread generated a scan.
- Rows Processed
- The number of rows processed by the Data Manager.
- Rows Updated
- The number of rows updated by the Data Manager.
- Rows Inserted
- The number of rows inserted by the Data Manager.
- Rows Deleted
- The number rows deleted by the Data Manager.
- Pages Scanned
- The number of pages scanned by the Data Manager.