Thread History Parallel Task Summary
This panel provides information about the activity of parallel tasks that executed on behalf of a thread.
Parallel tasks are created when CPU parallelism is selected as the method for processing an SQL query. Internally, parallel tasks are displayed as Db2 system threads. The first line of information identifies the thread. The second line identifies the thread's connection type and related information. The remaining lines display summary accounting information for each parallel task.
________________ ZHTTASK VTM O2 V550./I DB1H 03/06/14 13:39:16 2 > Help PF1 Back PF3 Up PF7 Down PF8 Zoom PF11 > THREAD HISTORY: Enter a selection letter on the top line. > A-THREAD DETAIL B-LOCK COUNTS C-LOCK WAITS D-GLOBAL LOCKS E-SORT/SCAN > F-DYNAMIC SQL G-SQL COUNTS H-DISTRIBUTED I-BUFFER POOL J-GROUP BP > K-PACKAGE SUMMARY L-RES LIMIT *-PARALLEL TASKS =============================================================================== > THREAD HISTORY PARALLEL TASK SUMMARY HPLN + Thread: Plan=DSNTEP11 Connid=BATCH Corrid=HONGPTK0 Authid= @@@@ + Attach: BATCH DB2=DB1H MVS=PMO1 + Time : Start=03/06/2014 13:38:40.455719 End=03/06/2014 13:38:40.523782 + Luwid=DEIBMIPS.IPSAQB1H.CCCFFB37B478 task + Read Wait + Start Time End Time CPU Time GetPage I/O Pfetch Waits Time + ------------ ------------ -------- ------- ----- ------ ------ -------- + 13:38:40.463 13:38:40.521 .021 1048 0 1 0 .000 + 13:38:40.463 13:38:40.465 .001 58 0 1 0 .000 + 13:38:40.463 13:38:40.464 .000 2 0 0 0 .000 + 13:38:40.463 13:38:40.463 .000 2 0 0 0 .000 ===============================================================================
- a particular parallel task, move the cursor to the task information line and press F11 (Zoom). The Thread Detail panel is displayed (for that parallel task).
- exceptions that have tripped, type E.A on the top line of the panel.
- related topics, select one of the options at the top of the panel.
- other topics, use the PF keys.
- The Db2 plan name of the thread.
- The Db2 connection identifier of the thread.
- The Db2 correlation identifier of the thread.
- The Db2 authorization identifier of the thread.
- Connection Type
- The connection type is displayed in the first field:
- Application directed access (data base access threads)
- Other Db2 batch threads
- Db2 call attach
- CICS attach
- DL/I batch
- IMS attach BMP
- IMS attach MPP
- IMS control region
- IMS transaction BMP
- Recoverable Resource Manager Services Attachment Facility
- System directed access (data base access threads)
- TSO foreground and background
- Utility thread
- The Db2 subsystem identifier.
- The MVS system identifier.
- The original (primary) Db2 authorization identifier of the thread. This field displays only when the original identifier is different from the Authid.
- The distributed thread type.
- Distributed Allied
- A requesting thread; one that has issued an SQL call to a remote Db2 location.
- Database Access
- A server thread; one that has received and is serving an SQL request from a remote Db2 location.
- This value consists of two parts: the logical unit of work ID
(luw-id) and a token. The token can be used in place of the luw-id in any
Db2 command that accepts luw-id as
The luw-id consists of the network name, the originating VTAM® LUNAME, and a unique identifier (separated by periods). Thus, the Luwid field displays data such as the following:
- The start date and time of this thread execution.
- The end date and time of this thread execution.
- Start Time
- The time the parallel task was created.
- End Time
- The time the parallel task ended.
- CPU Time
- The CPU time for the parallel task.
- The number of requests for pages.
Getpage requests are logical Read requests that might not actually result in physical I/O if the requested page is currently in the buffer pool. Db2 reset this count at create thread and signon.
- Read I/O
- The number of synchronous Read I/O operations.
- The number of Sequential, List, and Dynamic Prefetch requests.
- The number of waits in Db2. Accounting class 3 is required. N/A is displayed if the data is not available.
- Wait Time
- The time spent waiting in Db2. Accounting class 3 is required. N/A is displayed if the data not available.