The scenarios in this section are based on a data view that you create with the following steps. The options that you select and any alternatives are explained later in the section.
- Define a data group
in which you will place the data view:
- Click Data Groups and then click . The New Data Group window is displayed.
My Lockingin the New name field and then click OK.
The new group appears in the folders pane of the System Health window.
- Click Data views and then click to define a data view. The New Data View wizard appears.
- On the Category page:
- In the Data view name field,
Lockingas the name for this data view.
- In the Data view category list, select Locking. The categories in the list correspond to the Statistics categories for counters and data elements.
- Click Next to display the Counter page.
- In the Data view name field, type
- On the Counters page:
- In the Counter selection list, select the Lock requests and Unlock requests check boxes to specify the counters for the data view.
- Leave Not stacked selected as type of counter display. The counters are then displayed independently of one another as separate bars in a bar chart or lines in a line chart.
- Click Next to display the Thresholds page.
- On the Thresholds page:
- Next to Static scale, change the default
1000 units to
30and select Second.
- Click Next to display the Graphics page.
- Next to Static scale, change the default 1000 units to
- On the Graphics page, leave the default selections and values.
Note that Bar chart is selected to display
the counters as bars.