Preparing the Db2 subsystems
For each Db2 subsystem that you want to monitor, the OMEGAMON Collector requires that you bind several Db2 packages and Db2 plans.
Before you begin
- SYSCTRL or higher
- If necessary, privileges to create a new user ID in your security system (for example, RACF)
- If the Db2 subsystems are members of a data sharing group, it is sufficient to submit the jobs for one member of the data sharing group.
About this task
All members referenced in the following steps are included in the rHilev.rte_name.RKD2SAM library.
For each Db2 subsystem that you want to monitor, grant Db2 privileges to the OMEGAMON Collector plan and package owner by submitting the following
Bind OMEGAMON Collector Db2 plan KO2PLAN by submitting the following
- Bind the OMEGAMON Collector Db2 packages by submitting the
following members: OMBDdb2ssid
Package versioning allows you to run and rollout multiple package versions in a data-sharing environment where OMEGAMON for DB2® Performance Expert runtime load libraries are not shared between LPARs. To use package versioning, remove the FREE PACKAGE subcommand from the JCL as described in the job header and then submit the job.
The FREE PACKAGE subcommand before the BIND will cause a return code > 0 at the first time you run the job. This is acceptable as the packages did not exist at this point in time.
- Verify that each z/OS user ID that you want to use to access the OMEGAMON Collector by using the Performance Expert Client is available in your z/OS security system. Otherwise, create the z/OS user IDs.
Open the following members to grant Db2 privileges to each user ID that will work with the
- Replace each occurrence of %peuser% with the user ID and submit the edited member.
- %peuser% may also be customized using parameters KD2_OMPE_GRANT* using the configuration method of your choice and making sure the parameter generation is run accordingly.