Online monitoring and reporting
Performance Expert Client enables online monitoring and reporting, including exception notification handling.
You can use the online monitoring and reporting component to:
- Determine the total DB2® system performance and efficiency.
- Measure the performance of an application.
- Review the resources used by an application.
- Evaluate an application’s impact on other applications and the DB2 system.
- Identify the cause of performance problems by checking certain thread-activity and Statistics fields for exceptions and listing the occurrence of specific events.
- Determine the tuning requirements for DB2.
- View performance data graphically.
- Analyze and improve SQL statements by using Explain
For more information refer to Using Explain products to analyze and improve SQL statements.
- Monitor DB2 Connect gateways, including system-related information.
This component is similar to the host-based (ISPF) Online Monitor. It has some advantages over the host-based Online Monitor, such as:
- The graphics improve the representation of the relationship between counters and the trends and evolution of counters.
- You can monitor several DB2 systems at the same time.
- When DB2 performance is not satisfactory, you receive tuning recommendations.