Buffer Pool Analyzer provides a suite of tools that support in-depth analysis of the performance of DB2® buffer pools.
- Collection of buffer pool related performance data
- Host-based creation of reports about buffer pool performance and group buffer pool performance
- Conversion of performance data to formats suitable for client-based functions and for loading into DB2 tables
- Client-based graphical representation of buffer pool performance data
- Client-based optimization of major buffer pool attributes, like the optimum assignment of objects in buffer pools and optimum buffer pool sizes, based on actual performance data
- Client-based simulation of the effects of different buffer pool attributes, based on actual performance data
- Client-based long-term analysis of historical and current performance data
These tools help performance analysts and database administrators to monitor, analyze, and optimize DB2 buffer pools on different levels in an effective way.