The Classic User Interface main menu
After a successful log on, use the Classic User Interface main menu to select a function and navigate through subsequent menus and panels.
After a successful log on, the following menu is displayed:
________________ ZMENU VTM O2 V550.#P DA41 S 11/04/13 8:57:28 2 > Help/News/Index PF1 Exit PF3 PF Keys PF5 > Type a selection letter at the left end of the top line and press ENTER. =============================================================================== MENU OMEGAMON CLASSIC INTERFACE -- REALTIME MAIN MENU _ S SUMMARY .............. Summary of DB2 activity _ E EXCEPTIONS ........... Current or potential system problems _ T THREAD ACTIVITY ...... Thread activity information _ U THREAD ACTIVITY ...... Thread activity information by package _ L LOCKING CONFLICTS .... Locking conflict information _ R RESOURCE MANAGERS .... Resource manager, other DB2 subsystem information _ A APPLICATION TRACE .... Trace and view application activity _ D DISTRIBUTED DATA ..... Distributed database system information _ O OBJECT ANALYSIS ...... Object and volume information _ G DB2 CONNECT SERVER ... DB2 Connect/Gateways with connection to DB2 _ C MVS CONSOLE .......... MVS console to issue commands and view messages _ B DB2 CONSOLE .......... DB2 console to issue commands and view messages _ M MISCELLANEOUS ........ Address space information, OMEGAMON commands, etc. _ P PROFILE .............. Customize OMEGAMON session and exception settings _ H HISTORY .............. Near-Term History information _ V SQL PA REPORTS........ View SQL PA reports _ Z OTHER DB2 ............ Redirect monitoring to another DB2 ===============================================================================
The following options are available from this menu:
- This option displays a summary of critical system-wide Db2 activity and resource utilization.
- This option lists current exceptions that have exceeded their threshold conditions and might indicate a current or potential system problem.
- THREAD ACTIVITY (by plan name)
- This option lists activity information of all threads with non-blank plan name (ordered by thread elapsed time).
- THREAD ACTIVITY (by package)
- This option lists activity information of threads with non-blank packages only that are currently connected to Db2 (ordered by thread elapsed time).
- LOCKING CONFLICTS
- This option lists existing locking contentions.
- RESOURCE MANAGERS
- This option provides access to information about resource managers, such as Buffer Manager, Log Manager, Bind Statistics, and others.
- APPLICATION TRACE
- This option provides access to the Application Trace Facility (ATF).
- DISTRIBUTED DATA
- This option lists Distributed Data Facility (DDF) related information.
- OBJECT ANALYSIS
- This option lists allocation-related object and volume information at the database level.
- Db2 CONNECT SERVER
- This option lists Db2 Connect Servers that serve as Db2 Connect gateways to the selected Db2 subsystem.
- MVS™ CONSOLE
- This option provides access to the MVS system console, where you can issue commands and view messages.
- Db2 CONSOLE
- This option provides access to the Db2 system console, where you can issue commands and view messages.
- This option provides access to information about address spaces and permits to issue OMEGAMON® commands.
- This option provides access to the Profile Maintenance Menu, where you can customize sessions, set exception thresholds, and maintain installation- and user-specific profiles.
- This option navigates to the Near-Term History Information menu, where you can work with near-term history statistics information and near-term thread information. You can also view the current specifications about the Near-Term History Data Collector.
- SQL PA REPORTS
- This option provides access to various SQL Performance Analyzer (SQL PA) reports about current SQL performance.
- OTHER Db2
- This option permits to redirect monitoring to another Db2 subsystem.