Build 207 is released on 17 August 2021.
Minimum version to update directly: Build 203.
The internal component endpoints of the Instana backend are now secured by
user/password by using
basic-auth. The passwords are created initial on update or can be defined by using
The Elasticsearch2 data and logs that are no longer needed are deleted in the update routine.
Release 207 introduces a new metrics pipeline (Unbounded Analytics), which has significant impact on the requirements of running Instana.
Cumulative features from release #206, #207
- Node.js tracing: Add trace continuity support for SNS-to-SQS bridge.
- Node.js tracing: Support for DynamoDB with AWS SDK v3.
- AWS Lambda/Node.js: Add trace correlation support for Lambda invocations triggered by SQS messages (including SNS-to-SQS).
- AWS Lambda/Node.js: Add W3C trace context support.
Support metrics from the Prometheus Java® Client Library
Metrics from the Prometheus Java client library are now available on the JVM dashboard.
For more information, see https://www.instana.com/docs/ecosystem/prometheus-java-client.
- C++ Sensor 1.1.2: Improved discovery request handling performance.
- File system metrics for individual volumes are now available in custom dashboards.
- MySql Sensor
1.1.66: Added TLS support for secure data transfer.
- IBM DataPower: Added service status metric and built-in event.
- IBM MQ: Added channel metrics-Instance Counts, Bytes Received, Bytes Sent.
- ElasticSearch .Net Core tracing support.
- Couchbase .NET and .NET Core tracing support.
- logDNA logging integration: Added support for IBM Log Analysis.
- logDNA logging integration: Now using hostnames, instead of FQDN when deep links are created.
- Elasticsearch Sensor: Added support for ES 7.13+
- Audit Log is renamed to Action Log with improved layout.
- Access Log was added to the Audit section.
- Java Trace Sensor:
- Add EJB support for WildFly 22+
- Enabled trace correlation for IBM MQ tracing.
- Support infrastructure linking for Redis Cluster tracing (Lettuce and Spring Data Redis).
- Support Kafka consumer client for versions older 0.11
- Improved detection of incompatible APM agents (APM Insight Java Agent).
- IBM DataPower: Add support for monitoring local instances.
- NGINX tracing
v1.1.2: Fixed log spam caused by subrequests.
- Events API: Fixed that search by ID did not work for events that are created after R203 when an event was active across the end of a single month.
- Liferay Sensor: Added sensor to static packaging
- PingDirectory Sensor: Add sensor to static packaging
- NGINX Monitoring documentation: Added missing
allow directive to
- Java Trace Sensor: Fix tracing of scheduled JBoss EJB calls
- Fixed crash in AMQP extension instrumentation.
- Fixed crash in PHP SDK context handling.
- Fixed freezing of PHP FPM with profiler enabled.
- Fixed incorrect HTTP method reported by cURL instrumentation.
- Reenabled shipment of extension for PHP 8.0 ZTS Alpine.
- IBM MQ: Fix connection increase issue when configuration changes
- include most recent SaaS images with several bug-fixes
- porting of the
images commands for the k8s data store installation
- fix memory allocation for elasticsearch7 migration for k8s data store installation
- allow http network traffic (alert channels) to internal and untrusted hosts for issue-tracker and grounds keeper by default.
- add missing cockroachDB image to data store image list.
- Updated backend service images and fixes the feature configs that caused missing metrics in the K8s dashboards.