Build 205 is released on 27 July 2021.
Minimum version to update directly: Build 201.
Release 205 introduces a new metrics pipeline, which has significant impact on the requirements of running Instana. From release 205 on Instana won't work on machines with less than 64 GB of RAM and 16 CPUs.
Cumulative features from release #202, #203
- Node.js: Instrumentation of memcached.
- Ruby: Support for ActionMailer and ActiveJob is added to the library. Now logging spans for Rails applications are generated. Resque entry and exit spans are now linked when the latest version of the
instana gem is used.
- IBM Cloud Platform sensor: Added support for IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS for MongoDB and IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS for PostgreSQL.
- Db2 LUW Sensor: Added SSL/TLS support, which enables Db2 monitoring by using secure connection.
- IBM Cloud Platform sensor: Added support to gather metrics from multiple IBM Cloud locations.
- Node.js: Instrumentation of DynamoDB for AWS SDK v3.
An extra system rule is added to ensure the presence (and be notified in the absence) of hosts. This rule can be found under "System Rules" with the name "Host availability detection".
- Monitoring Envoy Proxy documentation: Clarified, enhanced, and unified.
- Java Profile Sensor: Improve resource consumption
- IBM Cloud Platform sensor: IBM Cloud load balancer metrics now include appliance level metrics.
- Custom Dashboards: The Events data source offers new options to optionally include Kubernetes events or agent monitoring issues. Previously, these types of events are always included by default.
- HAProxy dashboard: The metrics are now aggregated by using
sum instead of the
- Java Sensor:
- Fixed max. length validation of Micrometer custom metric names.
- Fixed an issue that prevented tracing of asynchronous Jersey HTTP client calls.
- NGINX Tracer
v1.1.2: Fix log spam caused by still unsupported subrequests.
- Kafka Connect Sensor: Fixed exception when number of brokers are collected.
- Nomad Sensor: Excluded
nomad-autoscaler from discovery.
- Some parts of the Instana product are not yet localized or encounter layout issues through localization.
- fix wrong mount point that is used for cert-stores.
- fix data stores command to support recovery from backup.
- fix data stores command that ignores version jumps.
- fix data stores command missing to create state file.
- include newest images with multiple SaaS-fixes.
- fix wrong memory calculation for running data stores only.
- fix feature config for ui-backend.