Configuring Continuous Delivery as an event source
If you use Continuous Delivery for your applications, you can set up a toolchain integration with event management. The toolchain integration forwards event information from Continuous Delivery to event management.
Before you begin
About this task
The integration uses a webhook URL to push notifications from the toolchain to event management as events. The events are then correlated into incidents.
- Click .
- Click New integration.
- Go to the IBM Continuous Delivery tile and click Configure.
- Enter a name for the integration and click Copy to add the generated webhook URL to the clipboard. Ensure you save the generated webhook to make it available later in the configuration process. For example, you can save it to a file.
- Ensure that Enable event management from this source is set to On, and click Save.
You can use an existing pipeline or create a new one. To use an existing pipeline, navigate to
your toolchain and go to step 7. To create a new pipeline:
- Go to https://console.cloud.ibm.com/catalog/ and search for Continuous Delivery.
- Click the Continuous Delivery link under DevOps, and log in.
- Click Create.
- On the Create a Delivery Pipeline page, select the Cloud Foundry check box, and fill in the settings for the pipeline. For more information, see https://console.cloud.ibm.com/docs/services/ContinuousDelivery/pipeline_working.html.
- Click Add a Tool.
- Select event management. In the URL field, paste the webhook URL from event management, and click Create Integration.
- Click the event management tile. The event management Getting started page opens, and you are notified that a new event source was added. Click the link to see the events and their incidents from Continuous Delivery.