Example: Monitoring Syslog events from a Humio integration
You can use Rsyslog with minimal configuration to send Syslog logs to Humio. The Rsyslog log processor is shipped with most popular Linux® distributions.
- Follow the recommended configuration to forward all logs to Humio. For more information, see the Humio product documentation: https://docs.humio.com/integrations/data-shippers/rsyslog/.
- Create a webhook notifier to send alerts to Netcool® Operations Insight®, as described in steps 1 to 11 of Configuring Humio as an event source..
- Create an alert with the query
to monitor the logs in Humio repository.
- On the Humio UI, select Search.
syslogtag=*in the field provided and click Run.
- Click .
- Populate the alert fields such as Name and Frequency. For Notifier, select the notifier that was just created.
- Click Save.