Using Metric search to create a timeseries chart
Visualize a KPI, with or without an anomaly, in a timeseries chart.
About this task
Find a single KPI and plot it on a chart to monitor its activity over a number of days.
- Click the navigation icon .
- In the main navigation menu, click Metric search.
- In the Metric search panel, refine your search to a single KPI by selecting from the Metric group, Metric, and Resource dropdown menus. The date that is selected represents the endpoint of the chart.
- When you complete your selections, a timeseries chart is generated for the KPI.
- The unbroken black line labeled with the name of the KPI (Metric + Resource) plotted on the chart represents the values of the selected KPI over time.
- A green-shaded area (labeled Baseline) represents the acceptable operating range of that KPI.
A red-shaded area or red vertical line (labeled Anomaly) indicates where the KPI is anomalous: one or more of the anomaly detection algorithms determined the KPI was not behaving in accordance with the learned normal behavior.
- A purple area in the chart (labeled Expected range), with a dashed line (labeled Forecast) indicates forecasted KPI anomalies.