Displaying the alert side panel
Click any alert to display a side panel containing more information about that alert.
About this task
At a minimum, the side panel contains the following sections:
- Actions that can be performed on the selected alert. In the classic Web GUI Event Viewer, these actions were available as right-click tools. For more information, see Troubleshooting alerts.
- Full data associated with the alert, and a timeline containing journal information and user comments. For more information, see Displaying alert details.
If the alert comes from metric anomaly detection, then the side panel also includes the following section:
- Metric anomaly detection
- A chart is displayed showing up to 2 days of data before the anomaly with information such as the affected resource and metric, a date selector, and a View expanded chart link.
If the alert has been enriched with seasonality, topology, or runbook information, then the side panel also includes one or more of the following sections:
- One or more seasonal time windows for the selected alert, where a seasonal time window is an hour, day of the week, day of the month, or some other time period when the alert tends to occur. For more information, see Displaying alert seasonality.
- An indication that the alert can be located on a specific resource in the network topology system. For more information, see Displaying alert topology.
- An indication that a runbook is associated with the alert. For more information, see Executing a runbook.
If the alert is part of an alert group, then, depending on the type of analysis used to generate the group, the side panel also includes one or more of the following sections. For more information, see Displaying analytics details for an alert group.
- Temporal correlation
- Details of a temporal group in which this alert is involved.
- Scope-based correlation
- Details of a scope-based group in which this alert is involved.
- Topology correlation
- Details of a topology group in which this alert is involved.