Getting started with Networks for Operations Insight
After the installation and configuration steps are completed, you can start the components of the Networks for Operations Insight® feature and log in to the host using a Web browser.
- Ensure that IBM® Tivoli® Netcool®/OMNIbus ObjectServer is running, see https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/SSSHTQ_8.1.0/omnibus/wip/admin/task/omn_con_startingobjserv.html?lang=en.
- Start the Dashboard Application Services Hub server using the /opt/IMB/JazzSM/profiles/bin/startServer.sh server name command.
- Source the environment variables. On the server where the Network Manager core components are installed, the script is installation_directory/netcool/core/env.sh. On the server where the Network Manager GUI components are installed, the script is installation_directory/nmgui_profile.sh, for example, /opt/IBM/netcool/nmgui_profile.sh.
- Start the back-end processes for the products. Use the itnm_start command to start Network Manager. Do not use this command to start the ObjectServer. The ObjectServer is started and stopped by the Netcool/OMNIbus commands. Start Netcool Configuration Manager separately by using the itncm.sh start script.
- Log in at
http://host.domain:16310/ibm/consoleor, for a secured environment, at
https://host.domain:16311/ibm/console, where host.domain is the fully qualified hostname or IP address of the Jazz® for Service Management application server. 16310 and 16311 are the default ports for HTTP and HTTPS respectively. Use the supplied itnmadmin user with the password that you specified during the installation.
- You can log in to the Netcool Configuration Manager - Base GUI at http://ncmserver-hostname:port-number, where ncmserver-hostname is the hostname of the computer on which you installed Netcool Configuration Manager. port-number is the port that you specified during the installation. Use the default user name and password that you specified during the installation.