Installing Dashboard Application Services Hub and the UI components
Install the Dashboard Application Services Hub and all the UI components. This applies to the Netcool®/OMNIbus WebGUI, the Event Analytics component, fix packs, and optionally Reporting Services.
The UI components are installed in two stages. First, IBM® WebSphere® Application Server and Jazz® for Service Management are installed, which provide the underlying UI technology. Then, the WebGUI and the extension packages that support the Event Analytics component and the event search capability are installed. After installation, configure the WebGUI to integrate with Operations Analytics - Log Analysis and support the topology search capability.
You can optionally install Reporting Services 3.1 into Dashboard Application Services Hub. You can set up Network Manager and Netcool Configuration Manager to work with Reporting Services by installing their respective reports when installing the products. Netcool/OMNIbus 8.1.0 and later can be integrated with Reporting Services 3.1 to support reporting on events. To configure this integration, connect Reporting Services to a relational database through a gateway. Then, import the report package that is supplied with Netcool/OMNIbus into Reporting Services. For more information about event reporting, see the Netcool/OMNIbus documentation, Importing event summary reports into Tivoli® Common Reporting .
Before you begin
- Obtain the packages from IBM Passport Advantage®. For information about the eAssembly numbers you need for the packages, see this IBM Support document, http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24043698.
- To install Reporting Services 3.1, ensure that the host meets the extra requirements listed in the Jazz for Service Management documentation, https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/SSEKCU_220.127.116.11/com.ibm.psc.doc/install/tcr_c_install_prereqs.html.
Start Installation Manager and install
Jazz for Service
The packages that you need to install are as follows.
Package Description IBM WebSphere Application Server 18.104.22.168 for Jazz for Service Management Select version 22.214.171.124. If version 8.0.5 is also identified, clear it. IBM WebSphere SDK Java™ Technology Edition 126.96.36.199. Jazz for Service Management 188.8.131.52 Select the following items for installation.
- Jazz for Service Management extension for IBM WebSphere 8.5.
- Dashboard Application Services Hub 3.1.3.x.
Reporting Services 3.1 This package is optional. Select it if you want to run reports for events and network management.
Install the packages that constitute the WebGUI and
Package Description Netcool/OMNIbus WebGUI This is the base component that installs the WebGUI. Install tools and menus for event search with IBM SmartCloud Analytics - Log Analysis This package installs the tools that launch the custom apps of the Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Insight® Pack from the event lists. Netcool Operations Insight Extensions for IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus WebGUI This package installs the Event Analytics GUIs. Netcool/OMNIbus
WebGUI fix pack, as specified in On-premises components.
This is the fix pack that contains the extensions for the topology search capability.
Configure the WebGUI.
For example, the connection to a data source (ObjectServer), users, groups, and so on.You can use the WebGUI configuration tool to do this. For more information, see https://ibm.biz/BdXqcP.
Configure the integration with Operations Analytics - Log
Ensure that the
server.initfile has the following properties set:
If you need to change any of these values, restart the WebGUI server.
scala.app.keyword=OMNIbus_Keyword_Search scala.app.static.dashboard=OMNIbus_Static_Dashboard scala.datasource=omnibus scala.url=protocol://host:port scala.version=184.108.40.206
- Set up the WebGUI Administration API client.
- Install the
tools and menus to launch the custom apps of the Network Manager Insight Pack in the
Operations Analytics - Log
Analysis UI from
In $WEBGUI_HOME/extensions/LogAnalytics, run the runwaapi command against the scalaEventTopology.xml file.
Where username and password are the credentials of the administrator user that are defined in the $WEBGUI_HOME/waapi/etc/waapi.init properties file that controls the WAAPI client.
$WEBGUI_HOME/waapi/bin/runwaapi -user username -password password -file scalaEventTopology.xml
What to do next
- Search on IBM Fix Central for available interim fixes and apply them. See http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/ .
- Reconfigure your views in the WebGUI event lists to display the NmosObjInst column. The tools that launch the custom apps of the Network Manager Insight Pack work only against events that have a value in this column. For more information, see https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/SSSHTQ_8.1.0/webtop/wip/task/web_cust_settingupviews.html.