Configuring Amazon Web Services (AWS) as an event source
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a web service provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS) that enables applications, end-users, and devices to instantly send and receive notifications from the cloud. You can set up an integration with Netcool® Operations Insight® to receive notifications from AWS.
Before you begin
- Amazon CloudWatch Alarms
- Amazon CloudWatch Events
- Amazon CloudWatch Logs
About this task
For more information about Amazon SNS, see https://aws.amazon.com/documentation/sns/.
Using a webhook URL, alerts generated by AWS monitoring are sent to the event management service as events.
- Click .
- Click New integration.
- Go to the Amazon Web Services tile and click Configure.
- Enter a name for the integration and click Copy to add the generated webhook URL to the clipboard. Ensure you save the generated webhook to make it available later in the configuration process. For example, you can save it to a file.
- Click Save.
Log in to your Amazon Web Services account at https://us-west-2.console.aws.amazon.com/sns/v2/home?region=us-west-2#/topics
- Click Create new topic, provide a topic name, and click Create topic.
- Go to the ARN column in the table and click the link for your topic.
Click Create subscription and set the fields as follows:
- Select HTTPS from the Protocol list.
- Paste the webhook URL into the Endpoint field. This is the generated URL provided by event management.
- Click Create subscription.
- Configure your AWS alarms to send notifications to the Amazon SNS topic you created. The Amazon SNS topic is then used to forward the notification as events to event management. For example, you can use Amazon CloudWatch alarms to monitor metrics and send notifications to topics as described in http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudWatch/latest/monitoring/AlarmThatSendsEmail.html.
- To start receiving alert information from AWS, ensure that Enable event management from this source is set to On..