Installing Event Analytics (GUI)
You can install Event Analytics with the IBM® Installation Manager GUI.
Before you begin
- Determine which Installation Manager user mode you require.
- Ensure that the necessary user permissions are in place for your intended installation directories.
localhoston the computer where Event Analytics packages are to be installed.
About this task
- IBM Tivoli® Netcool®/Impact
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
- IBM Netcool.
The steps for starting Installation Manager are different depending on which user mode you installed it in. The steps for completing the Event Analytics installation with the Installation Manager wizard are common to all user modes and operating systems.
Installation Manager takes account of your current umask settings when it sets the permissions mode of the files and directories that it installs. If you use Administrator mode or Non-administrator mode and your umask is 0, Installation Manager uses a umask of 22. If you use Group mode, Installation Manager ignores any group bits that are set and uses a umask of 2 if the resulting value is 0.
To install the packages and features, complete the following steps.
- Start Installation
Change to the
/eclipsesubdirectory of the Installation Manager installation directory and use the following command to start Installation Manager:
./IBMIMTo record the installation steps in a response file for use with silent installations on other computers, use the -record response_file option. For example:
./IBMIM -record /tmp/install_1.xml
- Configure Installation Manager to point to either a local repository or an IBM Passport Advantage® repository, where the download packages are available. Within the IBM Documentation content for Installation Manager, see the topic that is called Installing packages by using wizard mode.
- In the main Installation Manager window, click Install and follow the installation wizard instructions to complete the installation.
- In the Install tab select the following
installation packages, and then click Next.
- Packages for IBM
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact GUI Server_18.104.22.168
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact Server_22.214.171.124
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact Server Extensions for Netcool Operations Insight®_126.96.36.199
- Packages for IBM
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus_188.8.131.52
- Packages for IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Web GUI:
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Web GUI_184.108.40.206
- Netcool Operations Insight Extensions for IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus WebGUI_220.127.116.11
- Packages for IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact:
- In the Licenses tab, review the licenses. If you are happy with the license content select I accept the terms in the license agreements and click Next.
- In the Location tab, enter information
Architectureor progress with the default values, and click Next.
IBM Netcool, the default values are
IBM Netcool Impact, the default values are
- In the Features tab, select the following
features and then click Next. Other features
Table 1. Available features Feature Description To install and run Event Analytics. Contains the Event Analytics components.
- In the Summary tab, review summary details. If you are happy with summary details click Next, but if you need to change any detail click Back.
- To complete the installation, click Finish.
What to do next
- Configure the ObjectServer for Event Analytics, see Configuring the ObjectServer.
- Connect to a valid database from within IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact. To configure a connection to one of the Event Analytics supported databases, see the following topics:
- If you add a cluster to the Impact environment, you must update the data sources in IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact For more information, see Configuring extra failover capabilities in the Netcool/Impact environment.