Creating a pattern after reviewing details of an unallocated group
You can create an event pattern directly from the screen where you review the details of an unallocated group.
To access the View Related Events, Related Event Details, and Events Pattern portlets, users must be assigned the ncw_analytics_admin role.
Before you begin
- Start the View Related Events portlet. For more information about starting the View Related Events portlet, see Viewing related events.
- In the Group Sources table, click Unallocated
groups. Unallocated groups are those related event groups for which the system was unable to identify a pattern. The Groups table updates to display the unallocated related event groups.
- Right-click a related event group from the Groups table and select
Related Event Details. In the Related Event Details you can explore the group instances and timeline. You can also modify the group; for example, you can change the pivot event.
- Click Create Pattern... to create a pattern from this group.
- Specify event pattern parameters in the Pattern Criteria and Parent Event tabs. For more information about specifying the parameters, see Creating and editing event patterns.
- To save, watch, or deploy the pattern, select one of the following options.
- Select Save to save the pattern details to the View Related Events New tab.
- Select Watch to add the pattern to the View Related Events Watched tab.
- Select Deploy to add the pattern to the View Related EventsActive tab.