Configuring Event Analytics using the wizard
In Netcool®/Impact 126.96.36.199 it is recommended to
use the Event
configuration wizard instead of the
./nci_trigger command to edit properties in the
NOI Shared Configuration properties file. The setup wizard guides you through the Event Analytics
configuration process. You must run the Event Analytics configuration wizard after upgrading to Netcool/Impact 188.8.131.52 to verify and save your
- Edit the $IMPACT_HOME/etc/server.props file on each Netcool/Impact server.
- Set the impact.noi.ui.hostname variable to the hostname of one of the Netcool/Impact GUI servers.
- After you change the file, restart the Netcool/Impact GUI servers.
To launch the wizard, click Insights and select Event Analytics Configuration.
- Configuring access to the following databases:
- The Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus Historical Event Database, containing historical event data used to analyze historical events for Event Analytics.
- The Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus ObjectServer, containing live event data to be enriched based on insights derived from Event Analytics processing.
- Configuring settings to control Event Analytics processing.