Planning for history-data collection
Consider the needs of your organization, such as which users require access to history data, and the types of questions they will have.
Before you begin to configure your system to collect history data:
- Decide which version of history database to use. Use the most
recent version possible. Use an older version only if both:
- You already have a database at that level and want to continue to use it.
- You do not need to use the new data fields provided by newer versions.
- Decide which type of history database (query or audit) to use.
- Decide which user is to be the owner of the history database.
- Decide which user account is to be used to load history data into the history database.
This information will be required later when you create history databases and history configurations.