Installing IBM Netezza for Cloud Pak for Data
Learn about the IBM Netezza for Cloud Pak for Data (Netezza on Cloud) installation process.
- Access to the installer in Passport Advantage (PPA).
- Red Hat OpenShift entitlements.
- Download and upack the installation bundle.
- Make sure you are familiar with the machine requirements.
- Make sure that you completed the prerequisites for installing Netezza on Cloud. Depending on your cloud provider, follow the steps that are described in:
- Create a properties file.
Installing IBM Netezza for Cloud Pak for Data (Netezza on Cloud) is a two-step process, which consists of:
- 1. Deploying the Cloud Pak for Data platform
When the Cloud Pak for Data platform is deployed:
- The Cloud Pak for Data and OpenShift layers are installed.
- The necessary compute and worker nodes for Cloud Pak for Data and OpenShift, network, and storage are procured.
After the Cloud Pak for Data platform is deployed, a Netezza Performance Server service tile is enabled in the Cloud Pak for Data web console. When you click the tile, you deploy Netezza on Cloud of any supported configuration.
- 2. Deploying Netezza on Cloud of any supported configuration
- When a Netezza Performance Server instance is provisioned:
- The worker nodes, which are needed for the host node and SPUs, are procured and configured.
- The storage, which is needed for the host node and SPUs, is procured and configured.
- Network endpoints for accessing them from an external environment are set up.
To deploy Netezza on Cloud, follow the instructions that are described in Provisioning the Netezza instance.