The IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway for JDBC uses the standard Java™ Database Connectivity (JDBC) API to exchange alerts between Netcool/OMNIbus ObjectServers and external databases. It communicates with the supported databases using Java Type 4 JDBC drivers supplied by the database vendors.
The Gateway for JDBC can be used as a replacement for the Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway for ODBC and the Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Gateway for Oracle.
- Reporting and audit modes of operation.
- Store and forward (SAF) capability using persistent event cache and data forwarding.
- Resynchronization on startup.
- Scalability provided by multiple database connections.
- Arbitrary table transfers.
- Migration from existing target databases using bidirectional resynchronization.
For details about how to download the most recent version of the gateway, see the following Release Notice on the IBM Software Support website:
This guide contains the following sections: