The ObjectServer provides an SQL interface for defining and manipulating relational database objects such as tables and views.
- Data Definition Language (DDL) commands to create, alter, and drop database objects
- Data Manipulation Language (DML) commands to query and manipulate data in existing database objects
- System commands to alter the configuration of an ObjectServer
- Session control commands to alter settings in client sessions
- Security commands to control user access to database objects
The ObjectServer also provides procedural language commands, which give you programming constructs for defining actions that take place when specified incidents occur and conditions that you define are met. You can use procedures and triggers to form automations, enabling you to process events automatically.
You can use the SQL interactive interface to connect to an ObjectServer and run ObjectServer SQL commands.