What's new in previous releases
What's new in previous releases of IBM® MQ for HPE NonStop.
What's new for IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.1
IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.1 supports the following new features:
- Enhanced migration utility
- The import/export migration utility has been enhanced to support migration between IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.1 queue managers (for example, for moving a queue manager from a J Series platform to NonStop X). You can also move queue data from an IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.1 queue manager back to an IBM WebSphere® MQ Version 5.3.1 for HP NonStop Server queue manager. This is meant to be used in scenarios where a fallback from version 8 to version 5.3 is required. See Migrating between IBM MQ versions for details.
- Partitioned queue files
- IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.1 now supports partitioned queue files. Partitioning rules are set using the enhanced runnscnf tool. (There is no support for using other platform-specific tools such as FUP. ) See Migrating to alter or partition queue files for details.
- Online queue file migration
- Queue files can be moved to a different disk, partitioned, repartitioned, or resized while the queue manager is running and while the queue is in active use. This includes system queues. Queue file migration can be also done while the queue manager is down (offline migration). Usually migration is started using the runnscnf tool, but altmqfls can also be used. See Migrating to alter or partition queue files for details.
- Installer capable of upgrading existing IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.1 installation
- The new installer introduced with IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.1 can be used to install a fresh instance of the product, or to upgrade an existing installation. Upgrading an existing installation preserves all queue manager configuration and data. See Installing, upgrading, and uninstalling for details.
- Tuning agent processes
- You can edit the tuning stanza in a queue manager qm.ini file to control the agent processes used by the queue manager. Information is now provided on the available attributes, see Tuning agent processes for details.
What's new for IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.3
IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.3 supports the following new features:
- New SetSignalManager class for runnscnf
- The SetSignalManager is a type of process used to provide the MQGMO_SETSIGNAL service. Multiple SetSignalManager objects can be configured. See Class SetSignalManager.
- Timeout feature for SetSignalManager
- The InactivityTiimeout attribute of the SetSignalManager class can be configured to make the behaviour of SET_SIGNAL similar to the version 5.3 equivalent. See Class SetSignalManager.
What's new for IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.4
IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.4 supports the following new and changed features:
- Publish/subscribe now supported
- IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.4 now supports publish/subscribe messaging, as provided by distributed platforms. See Publish/subscribe messaging.
- CERTVPOL attribute now supported
- In IBM MQ for HPE NonStop
V8.0.4 you can now set the CERTVPOL
attribute for queue managers. By default, the attribute is set to
RFC5280to apply only the RFC 5280 compliant certificate validation policy. See https://www.ibm.com/docs/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.adm.doc/q085320_.html.
- New EmitEMSforExpiry property for runnscnf QueueManager class
EmitEMSforExpiryproperty controls whether to emit EMS messages about processed expired messages. See Class QueueManager.
- Can now install into existing OSS folder
- You can now install IBM MQ into an existing, non-empty OSS folder. See Installation procedure.
- Can now suppress MQGET error 2208 after Cache Manager failure
- A new class
IgnoreNPMsgLossErrorOnMQGET, has been added. Set this property to
Tto suppress the MQGET error 2208 after Cache Manager failure. See IBM MQ processes unique to IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.1 and Class QueuePattern.
- Restricted support now available in TNS non-native applications for MQOD structures with version number greater than 1
- In previous releases, TNS non-native applications could not have MQ object descriptor (MQOD) structures in an MQOPEN call with a version greater than 1. IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.0.4 supports MQOD structures with a version greater than 1, but does not accept MQOD structures containing any MQ object records (MQORs/MQRRs). See MQOD - object descriptor.