What's new in various releases of IBM® MQ for HPE NonStop V8.1.
What's new for IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.1
- A new option has been added when running the installer to upgrade IBM MQ for HPE NonStop. Use the option to recreate mqprofile and mqcstm files during the upgrade. See Upgrade procedure.
- Disaster recovery
IBM MQ for HPE NonStop can now be configured to work on an active/passive disaster recovery (DR) configuration based on audit trail replication. See Disaster recovery.
- Contents of .ini files preserved
- The contents of the configuration files (.ini files) are now copied to TMF-protected files and can be restored automatically as required. See .ini files.
- Native application support calls to different queue managers in single TMF transaction
- IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.1 native applications now support multiple API calls against different queue managers within a single TMF transaction.
- CacheManager objects
- Each CacheManager instance now runs as an HPE NonStop process pair. You can configure the process name of the CacheManager process. See Class CacheManager.
- SetSignalName process
- You can now configure the name of the SetSignalName process, see Class SetSignalManager.
- Notification of expired messages on queues
- You can now configure the number of expired messages on a queue that cause an EMS message to be emitted. The number of expired messages are now reported for queues rather than queue managers. See Class QueueManager.
- Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP)
- OCSP is now available on IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.1. OCSP is configured and operates in the same way as OCSP on IBM MQ on other platforms. See Online Certificate Status Protocol.
- SDCP tool
- A new option has been added to the SDCP tool that enables the use of amqxdbg during gathering of SDCP data. See sdcp tool.
- Documentation for installing Fixpacks and iFixes
- Topics have been added to IBM Documentation explaining how to install Fixpacks and iFixes. See Fixpacks and iFix procedure.