For reasons of compatibility with older versions of IBM® MQ on NonStop, the altmqfls command is supported on the platform.
You use the altmqfls command to set those attributes of an IBM MQ object to be created that are specific to IBM MQ for HPE NonStop.
Most of the parameters available for the WebSphere MQ for HP NonStop Server V5.3 version of the command are not available in IBM MQ V8.
If you set a parameter for a queue with altmqfls in IBM MQ for HPE NonStop
V8.1, internally an object of class
QueuePattern with the name of the queue is created. The
property for that object is also set to the name of the queue, so that the pattern applies only to
that specific queue. Settings made with altmqfls in IBM MQ for HPE NonStop
V8.1 can be checked with
If you run altmqfls on existing queue files, a queue file migration is started, see Queue file migration overview.
- The altmqfls command can be used in IBM MQ V8 when the queue manager is either running or not running. When altmqfls is used while the queue manager is running, an online migration is started. See Online migration for details. When altmqfls is used on an existing queue while the queue manager is not running, an offline migration is started. See Offline migration for details. altmqfls waits for the end of the migration and reports the result.
- The altmqfls command creates a
Class: QueuePatternwith the
Levelproperty set to 1000 (see Class QueuePattern), which is a higher value than a user can set.
Objectname for the
Class: QueuePatternis set to the value of the ObjectName parameter of the altmqfls command.The
Class: QueuePatternproperties the altmqfls command always sets are:
Class: QueuePatternproperties, like the partitioning of queue files appearing in lower leveled
QueuePatternclasses are ignored. altmqfls resets the partitioning of queue files.
If altmqfls has run a queue file migration, it deletes the
Class: QueuePatternproperties again.
altmqfls [ --qmgr QMgrName] --type ObjectType [--volume VolName] [--qsize] (..) ObjectName
The name of the new IBM MQ object.
- --type ObjectType
The type of the IBM MQ object, which can only be ql or qlocal.
- --qmgr QMgrName
- Optional. The name of the queue manager to which the IBM MQ object belongs. If no queue manager name is specified, the default queue manager is used.
- --volume VolumeName
Optional. The name of the volume where the file that is associated with the new local queue is to be created. This parameter can be specified only with the ObjectName, --type ObjectType, and --qmgr QMgrName parameters. It is not allowed in combination with any other parameters.
- --qsize (QPriExt,QSecExt,QMaxExt,OPriExt,OSecExt,OMaxExt)
Optional. Properties of the file extents of the queue file associated with the local queue. You must specify at least the first three properties whenever you use this parameter. The remaining three properties have no meaning for IBM MQ for HPE NonStop V8.1 and are silently ignored. The size of an extent is expressed in pages.
QPriExt The size of the primary extent of the queue file
QSecExt The size of a secondary extent for the queue file
- QMaxExt The maximum number of extents for the queue file
0 - Command completed normally
10 - Command completed but not entirely as expected
20 - An error occurred during processing