Introduction to Maximo for Civil Infrastructure
IBM® Maximo for Civil Infrastructure is an asset management life cycle and workflow process management system. With Maximo for Civil Infrastructure, you can manage your asset operations and business processes. You can also integrate with your existing applications.
Streamline, customize, and integrate
Maximo for Civil Infrastructure provides insight for all your enterprise assets, their conditions and work processes, for better planning and control. With Maximo for Civil Infrastructure you can:
- Manage which users can log in to the system and which sites, applications, and menu options each user can access.
- Transfer product configurations and customizations from development to test to production environments. Migration Manager facilitates management of regulatory compliance efforts.
- Integrate Maximo for Civil Infrastructure with your external financial applications to use your financial application to access and track Maximo for Civil Infrastructure data and transactions.
- Develop and implement workflow to automate your business and management processes.
- Maximo for Civil Infrastructure is highly customizable and both the user interface and the help can be adapted to suit your business requirements. You can change applications to meet your specific business needs. The Application Designer provides a graphical user interface for configuring applications without editing a line of code.
- Integrate enterprise applications and create business flows between Maximo for Civil Infrastructure and your framework applications.
Choose your database and application server
Maximo for Civil Infrastructure uses multiple software servers. You can install the servers on the same computer or on a different server. System requirements depend on your operating system, database platform, and site configuration.
Maximo for Civil Infrastructure is a collection of applications that have different purposes but function in a similar way. Information that you enter into an application is stored as data in the Maximo database. The relational structure of the database means that you can view the same data in different ways, from different applications.
- Microsoft SQL Server
The application server manages the Maximo for Civil Infrastructure JavaServer Pages (JSPs), XML, and business logic components. Maximo for Civil Infrastructure uses a Java™ 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) application server:
- WebSphere® Application Server
Select standard or custom reports
BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) is the embedded reporting tool in Maximo for Civil Infrastructure. BIRT has standard reports that cover many applications and include analysis, detail, hierarchical, and drill down reports. Reports can update the database, hyperlink to one another to enable more detailed analysis, and refresh data dynamically. You can customize the BIRT reports or develop new reports to suit your business needs.
You can install and integrate Cognos reporting to enable powerful and flexible data analysis for your users. Administrators access Cognos reporting to maintain the Cognos reporting server, define security settings, and manage users. Report developers use Cognos reporting to develop and maintain enterprise reports. Power and business users use Cognos reporting to run and view reports, and create ad hoc reports. Application users use Cognos reporting to run and view reports. Users can see and access Cognos reports from within applications and Cognos reports are displayed in a separate browser session within the Cognos reporting application.
With ad hoc reporting, you can quickly create your own custom reports from any application. You can select what type of report you want to create, which fields to include, and whether to group and sort the results. You can also define unique report parameters, and specify whether you want the report to run on the records of the application. You can then save and share the reports with others, or run the report only once. If you save a report, it can be scheduled and automatically emailed to other users. You can also download the contents of the report to other file formats for additional analysis.