Installing IBM Maximo Visual Inspection stand-alone
You use the command line to install IBM Maximo Visual Inspection stand-alone.
IBM Maximo Visual Inspection stand-alone installation prerequisites
- Complete all steps in the Prerequisites for installing IBM Maximo Visual Inspection topic.
- Your system must have a proper subscription and repository that provides you with updated packages. For information, see the Red Hat Subscription Manager documentation.
- Turn on Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL). For information, see the EPEL website.
- If there was a
previous version of the product installed but you do NOT wish to migrate the data, delete or
/opt/powerai-vision/volume(for PowerAI Vision) or
/opt/vision/volume(for IBM Visual Insights). This will ensure that data for the previous install, such as data sets and trained models, will not appear in the newer version of the product.
- IBM Data Science Experience (DSX)
- IBM Cloud Private
- IBM Watson Studio Local Edition
- Any other Kubernetes based applications
Install IBM Maximo Visual Inspection from IBM Passport Advantage
- Download the product tar file from the IBM Passport Advantage website.
- (Optional) Verify the downloaded tar file by following the instructions in this topic: Verify the downloaded tar file.
- Unzip and untar the product tar file, and run the
installation command for the platform you are installing on.The
install files are extracted to visual-inspection-arch-22.214.171.124-ppa, where arch is
ppc, depending on your platform.
sudo yum install ./<file_name>.rpm
sudo dpkg -i ./<file_name>.deb
- Load the IBM Maximo Visual Inspection images from the directory that contains the extracted
tar file. The user running the script must have Docker
sudo /opt/ibm/vision/bin/load_images.sh -f ./file_name.tarNote: The installation process can take some time to complete.
- (RHEL only) Open ports for the firewall to access IBM Maximo Visual Inspection by running this script:
- After the installation is complete, you can start IBM Maximo Visual Inspection by running this script:A user named
adminis created with a password of
passw0rd. For instructions to change these values, see Managing users.Note: The startup script will modify ownership and permissions on
/opt/ibm/vision/volumeso that the containers can run under a non-root ID and access the data.
You must read and accept the license agreement that is displayed before you can use IBM Maximo Visual Inspection.It can take several minutes to start IBM Maximo Visual Inspection. To check the status of the startup process, run this script:
In the output from the kubectl.sh get pods script, you can verify which IBM Maximo Visual Inspection components are available by locating the Deployment section and identifying that the AVAILABLE column has a value of 1 for each component. The following is an example of the output from the kubectl.sh get pods script that shows all components are available:
sudo /opt/ibm/vision/bin/kubectl.sh get pods
$ /opt/ibm/vision/bin/kubectl.sh get pods NAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGE vision-cod-infer-ce5c3be1-491a-486c-81ae-2c49bdf17242-86cdtmv8q 1/1 Running 0 14h vision-edge-connector-7db99dbb7f-vbtpg 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-edge-mqttbroker-79cb65b865-rhr7w 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-elasticsearch-6b779bb5f5-9mnck 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-event-service-86c8c8cd6d-2wq5r 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-fpga-device-plugin-86htq 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-keycloak-58f7566896-nwph6 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-logstash-565d995764-hnnxg 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-mongodb-b59b56645-wlxgn 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-postgres-6c57856875-zlknm 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-service-687b85b97f-spg8n 1/1 Running 1 38h vision-taskanaly-6dc659c45c-t9rb2 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-ui-7d885944fc-x8tfc 1/1 Running 0 38h vision-video-microservice-8457664dc6-dcb2g 1/1 Running 0 38h
After the application startup has completed and the user interface is available, it can be accessed at
https://hostname/visual-inspection/, where hostname is the system on which you installed IBM Maximo Visual Inspection.
- Install any available fix packs. For instructions see Getting fixes from Fix Central.