CIs of a common classification or classification group are divided into configurable colored and labeled bands, or swimlanes, in the topology view. You can configure classification groups and configure swimlanes for classification groups.
About this task
Use the Configure CI Topology Swimlanes action to choose:
- The classifications or classification groups that are displayed
- The order in which classification swimlanes are displayed
- The color of each classification's swimlane
Colors are defined with the standard HTML six-digit hexadecimal representation. However, you can choose a swimlane color from a list of predefined colors by clicking Select Value next to the Color field.
The order in which the swimlanes are displayed is determined by the number that is entered in the Order field for each swimlane row. In these fields, you enter a rising sequence of numbers, where the swimlane with the lowest number is the first band in the topology view.
Complete the following steps to configure swimlanes.
- In the Configuration Items application, select the Configure CI Topology Swimlanes action.
- In the CI Topology Swimlanes section of the Configure CI Topology Swimlanes window, click New Row and specify a swimlane, description, color, and order.
- In the Classification Groups for Business Applications, click New Row to specify a classification group.
- Click OK.
Configuring classification groups
About this task
- To specify that a selected classification type is part of a common group of classifications, open the application.
- From the More Actions pane, select the Configure CI Classification Groups option.
- In the Configure CI Classification Groups window, specify
classification groups. You can create, modify, or delete classification groups. You can also add or remove classifications that are associated with individual classification groups.