Creating assets from an asset template
You can specify common asset information in an asset template that you can then apply to multiple assets. You can generate these assets in the Asset Template application.
- In the Asset Templates application, select the asset template that you want to generate assets from.
- Open the Generate New Assets window:
- Click Generate New Assets.
- Select a site and click OK.
- Specify the default asset data that you want the assets to share.
- Specify the quantity of assets that you want to generate.
- Specify the starting asset number for the series of asset numbers.
- If your organization requires a prefix or a suffix for the asset number, specify a value.
- Click Generate Asset.
The Assets table is populated with assets based on your input.
- Optional: For assets that are generated with serial numbers, complete the serial numbers so that each asset has the correct unique serial number.
- Optional: To add an individual asset record, click New Row.
- Click OK. The assets are created based on the asset template.