Creating a response plan
It is recommended that you create and use response plans to simplify the process of completing your tickets. When you add a step in a workflow to apply a response plan, the workflow locates the response plan that is most appropriate for the current ticket. If the response plan includes a job plan, that job plan is brought into the ticket.
About this task
To create a response plan, perform the following steps:
- Open the Response Plans application ( ) and click the New Response Plan icon to create a new response plan. Alternatively, you can also go to Common Actions and select New Response Plan.
- Enter a name for the response plan.
- In the Applies To field, select WOCHANGE to create a response plan for managing changes.
- If you want to associate the response plan with one or more customers, select the Associate Customer action, and specify the customer or customers that you want to associate with this response plan. Response plans associated with one or more customers are used only for changes that are performed for those customers.
- In the Ranking field, enter a ranking value. If more than one response plan applies to a change, the ranking value is used to select a plan. A lesser ranking value takes precedence over a higher number; for example, a response plan with a ranking value of 2 is selected over a plan with a value of 5, even if both plans match the change.
- (Optional) In the Dates section, specify the date range for which this plan is valid and a date by which a review is required for renewal. You can also select a shift and calendar.
- (Optional, but highly recommended) In the Response section, specify a job plan that this response plan will bring into the change.
- (Optional) In the Response section, specify any other information that you want to be contained in this response plan. For example, you can associate an owner or owner group with the response plan.