The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) defines several roles that are relevant to Change Management. If you enable the installation process to perform automatic configuration, it creates these roles as security groups.
- Change manager
- Primarily responsible for the definition and the overall quality of the Change Management process
- Change administrator
- Administers the change management processes, designs workflows to implement Change processes
- Change owner
- Responsible for accepting Requests for Change (RFCs) and following established processes to implement the Changes
- Change analyst
- Responsible for assessing some aspect of the Change
- Change approver
- Responsible for reviewing and approving some aspect of the Change
- Change implementer
- Responsible for individual implementation steps, including building and testing
- Any user of the environment who creates an RFC
You might want to use these roles as they are defined, or you might want to combine or omit some of them. You can establish a set of roles and security groups that meet your needs.