Showing tickets similar to a global record
A global record is an incident or problem that documents a root cause of many other issues or that documents something affecting many users. You can search for and relate tickets to the current record.
About this task
You can create two types of relationships: informal relationships and global relationships. If you create global relationships, you link records to the global ticket so they can be managed through the global ticket. You can change the status of related tickets by changing the status of the global record. In addition, if your administrator has set up automated notifications of status changes, they are executed against all tickets tied to the global Issue. On the global record, you can also view a list of related records and view the work and communication logs for all related records. If you create informal relationships, the records are related for information purposes only. There is no status inheritance or other type of linkage.
- Display the global record in the Incidents or Problems application.
- Select the Show Similar Tickets action.
The Show Similar Tickets dialog box appears. The similar ticket search results only list service requests, incidents, and problems having the same value in the Classification field. Records are not included in the results if they either are global records or history records. Your system administrator might add more restrictions to the results that the system shows you.
- In the Show Similar Tickets dialog box, choose the type
of relationship you want to create:
- To create global relationships to the current global record, select the check box next to each ticket you want to relate and click Relate Records to Global Issue. After you save the record, the selected records are listed on the Related Records tab with the relationship RELATEDTOGL. The selected records are now related to the global ticket, and are managed from the global ticket.
- To create informal relationships with the current record, select the check box next to each ticket you want to relate and click Relate Records. After you save the record, the selected records are listed on the Related Records tab with the relationship RELATED. These relationship are for information purposes only.
- Click Save.