Integrating with JIRA
Maximo IT provides users the ability to raise tickets for IT services, including software issues. JIRA Software is an agile project management tool that supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, kanban, or any unique flavor. In general Atlassian suite is used for coding/collaboration and to manage issues/projects. When Maximo IT is integrated with Jira, it gives the users the ability to enable DevOps scenarios by providing end-to-end visibility and tracking incidents which become corresponding issues in JIRA. With this capability, it becomes easier to manage the software projects and issues or incidents that arise.
This integration enables the users to perform the following actions:
- Create issues in Jira:For any Incident created in Maximo IT with Summary and basic
details, a corresponding JIRA Task will be created automatically with the same
details.Note: When you create and save an Incident in Maximo IT, do the following to publish the Incident as a Task in JIRA:
- For the Incident Details section, check the checkbox for Create JIRA Ticket? and enter the JIRA server address in the JIRA End Point field. For example, http://<YOUR_JIRA_SERVER_IP>:<Port. To know more on how to add attribute Create JIRA Ticket? and JIRA End Point, see Adding Attribute in Incident Application.
- The ICD ticketid will be mapped as ICDTICKETID field in JIRA. To know more on ICDTICKETID field in JIRA, refer Creating custom fields in JIRA
- Update an issue:The status of the issue from JIRA can be updated and it will be reflected in the Maximo IT incident ticket. The update in description, priority of the issue in JIRA will be reflected in Maximo IT incident.
- Worklog update:Any update in the comment in JIRA defect will be updated as a worklog in the Maximo IT incident.